I find that in life I often find myself in awkward situations. Depending on how unprepared I am, finding a comeback is often difficult. I absolutely hate when after everyone has left I finally come up with the perfect response. Then I find myself practicing what I should have said over and over in my mind. Even though I know darn well the likelihood of a similar situation coming up and me being able to use the clever phrase will never happen.
So I have decided to leave a few of my best “things to say in awkward moments”
1. The nurse asking you when you last had sex in front of your dad moment
2. Your student telling you that you look way too innocent to be pregnant moment
– Smile, ignore, and pretend it never happened
3. The someone says something crazy political thinking you agree moment
-Doesn’t that just show how amazing it is that God loves everyone?
4. The something is so stupid it takes your breath away moment
– you know I never thought of it that way
5. The someone says something hurtful moment
-I know you may not have meant that to be disrespectful, but I would appreciate it if you would not talk to me in that manner.
Always remember a poker face is key in all responses. One must fully commit and never look back.
– yes these have all happened to me-
*image from photo bucket*