There are times in your life when you can no longer deny who you are.
This week has been one of those weeks for me. I have had to come to terms with the fact that I am in fact difficult to live with. I have been in denial for years. I really do not know when I started lying to myself. It was most likely my teenage years. Teenagers are full of secrets, lies, and crazy ass feelings.
You are probably thinking what happened this week to make you come this shocking and life changing decision. Well we had to put the cat on prozac. The vet says she is so stressed out from all of us that is why she has lost her mind.
What is it that I am doing to drive this cat crazy?
So I have come up with some possibilites:
1. My nightly dance parties
2. My wild book club meetings
3. My preference for dogs over cats
4. The room I gave her in the house isn’t big enough
5. The clothes I wear hurt her eyes
It could be anything. I guess I will never know.
But at least for now she is one happy little kitty.
It is time to get serious. No more avoiding the hot button issues. I am going to ask you to pick sides, so think carefully about where you values are.
Are you a dog person or a cat person?
I know how could I dare ask such a controversial question, but I like living on the edge. I myself am a dog person. It is no contest for me really. Cats do not cuddle. Every time I open the door a dog runs up and acts as if you coming home is the best present in the entire world. My dog of choice. Miniature Daschunds. Those little tiny legs get me every time.
What is the tragedy of this story. My dog lives at my dad’s house and I have a cat. A cat who is allergic to everything and doesn’t like to be touched by anyone but my daughter. The things you do for your children.
Each month my school sends home a health letter. I have found it extremely helpful in maintaining my super fit physique. Now I must warn you this newsletter is only the most important health news in the nation.
Here are the sensational headlines from this month’s letter
1. Being a good friend- This is a list of ten ways to be a good friend such as “give your friends space” and “Talk about others positively”
2. How do you say I love you- simple ways to say I love you everyday such as” send an email” and “leave a note in their lunch box”
3. Heart Healthy Recipe tricks- These are some great tips such as” microwave and drain fat”
4. Hot dance steps for romance or fun- Everyone knows tap dancing is the way to romance with young men these days.
5. Putting your best foot forward- By which I mean how to find the best athletic shoes.
6. Germs don’t like people who wash their hands- You know what germs I don’t like you either.
7. Inner Hunger- A paragraph about eating disorders. Which are so simple they can obviously be explained in a few sentences.
8. Tax Preparation- Only prepare your taxes yourself if you think paying taxes is fun. How did they know I loved paying taxes. I have Tax day circled on my calender with a big heart.
9. Low Vision awareness month- What are the signs of low vision? Not being able to read signs, not being able to recognize faces, and not being able to match your clothes. Ha Ha maybe I need some new glasses.
10. Dental Disease in dogs and cats- Summary, clean your pets teeth.