It’s Snowing on my BLOG !!!!!
My world is now complete !
It’s Snowing on my BLOG !!!!!
My world is now complete !
Today is black friday. I had intended to declare my allegiance to the dark side and state that we should all boycott black friday sales, however, I was reading the wonderful blog The waiting and she blogged so poetically about Black Friday I simply cannot top it. So go check it out.
Instead I will blog about something more positive and uplifting. The Versatile Blogger Award! The amazing Ms. Demure Restraint gave me this award a good while back. I was so shocked and amazed. My entire life I had been told I was quite horrid at writing and just as I begin to blog, she gives me this award. She is an amazing blogger you have to go check her out. But more importantly she cares. If you comment she always comments back. She reads and comments on my blog most every post. It is truly encouraging in a world full of doubt.
Blogs you need to check out!
1. The waiting– Mommy to be blog!
2. The lutheren church of Australia – Great Religious Debate!
3. Where do Gaybies come from?– Great Parenting Blog!
4. Becoming Cliche– beautiful pics and funny too!
5. Snide Reply– absolutely hilarious !
I know I am supposed to list 15, but there are so many great blogs I decided to stick with just five.
I am also supposed to list seven things the blog world does not know about me
1. I have lived in eight states. Oklahoma, Illinois, Ohio, Minnesota, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Washington, and Louisiana. Yes that has created quite the unique accent!
2. I used to wait tables at a 24 hour diner on south beach called the big pink. Yes I rollerbladed to work. It was so much fun. It was also quite the celebrity hot spot. Maybe one day I will tell you what Shaq said to me :):)
3. I am divorced. I am very happily married now. And the divorce was very friendly. But I was very young and we just were trying to hard to cling to something that wasn’t there.
4. My mother and I don’t speak. It comes and it goes. From time to time will talk. Now is not one of those times. I wish her all the best in life.
5. I love to bake. And I am damn good at it. I have always wanted to do it for a living. Maybe one day 🙂
6. I love the snow more than it is imaginable. I love everything about the snow. And I detest everything about the heat.
7. My favorite book is Pride and Prejudice. I have read it more times than I can count. I have seen every movie made of it and two theatrical plays.
Blogging really has become something that is a great joy for me. I hope it is for you too! For all the great blogs I didn’t mention keep blogging because I cant wait to read your thoughts!!
There is nothing like a day that celebrates food. Yeah Yeah you are supposed to give thanks and stuff. But its all about the food, and then shopping. I mean thats what the TV tells me and the TV never lies. Just look at Fox news. No opinions, just facts.
This year I am thinking go cut down a turkey just like christmas trees. There must be places I can go run after a turkey and chop it dead to put on my table. Ooh better stop at the bass pro first to get a new camo dress to hunt turkey in. The camo underwear I got there is just too cute.
I can see it now, the family gathered around: Everyone awkardly listing the things they are thankful for. The group decision on which way to pass food, the new boyfriend at family dinner nervously making chit chat. My daughter wearing the biggest poofiest dress out of her closet with as many bows as she can fit on her head. My dad hinting I need to change my discipline tactics. The dogs barking. The dogs peeing. The awkward blended family conversations.
Why would I want to miss a day as glorious as this? Because Christmas is way better. Ok so its exactly the same but with presents. PRESENTS!
It has become hot chocolate weather. But the best hot chocolate is the free kind your students bring you. Even better when you say this would be so good with peppermint. They jump up and go across campus to find you a peppermint to put in it.
It looks like a little life preserver. My mind wonders as I grade papers to swimming in a hot tub full of hot cocoa. With little peppermint floating around the marshmallow pillows. The snowflakes slowly falling around me and melting instantly into the chocolate swirls. Christmas music softly playing in the background.
Wait it is going to be 80 this weekend.
Oh to wish upon a dream
I will always love holidays. Any excuse to party right? I love buying magazines with all the amazing ideas on how to decorate your house. And all the fall food to cook for your friends and family. But I can never seem to make it look that great. This year I planned on placing pumpkins by the door not carving them so they wouldnt rot super fast. I even saw one house that had painted their pumkins white yellow orange stripes to look like candy corn. Amazing. What ended up happening? I have one pumpkin my daughter carries around the house and colors on. Fail. What about all the wonderful fall food. Not going to happen. My friends are all super busy with babies or their own family. No one to eat fall food means no reason to make fall food. So the most I have made is pumpkin bread. Fail. I long so much to be martha stewart. Crafting up beautiful decorations, making amazing meals, but that shit is never going to happen. I need to come to terms with the fact that I am not going to have one of those cute festive houses. I must not really want to do these things. Because the things I really want I get. Then why this longing for a beautifully crafted holiday home? Maybe I have watched too much TV? Read too many issues of Southern Living? Or maybe I have a secret 1950’s house wife hidden inside me that I am repressing? Let’s call her Susan.
I may have failed at halloween, but there is always christmas…. Susan loves Christmas