I am a part of of co-op. In fact two hippy co-ops.
We buy hippy stuff in bulk. Yes that does make me cooler than most.
What does one buy in a co-op?
1. Dried fruit. Its comes in bags and I tell my daughter it is chips. She buys it. So gullible.
2. Cows. We buy a bunch of cows and have a butcher cut them up and then split it up. Do you even know what is in the nasty meat you buy at your grocery store. Death that’s what.
3. Chickens. I have yet to make it in on the chicken buy. But pretty sure they come as whole chickens feet and all. Still figuring out what do with chicken feet. Make a necklace?
4. Alternative flours. Because we all know white flour is the silent killer.
5. Cures for voodoo curses. Oh wait, that is what the police on the bayou have to buy after the people they arrest curse them. Think you know what it’s like to live here. Think again my friend, think again.
Some of you may have gathered that I am not your average girl. No matter how many times I am reminded that no most people do not think like I do, I forget and think I am totally normal. But damn it I feel normal ! I think everyone else must be different.
The first time I remember realizing I was not “like everyone else” was middle school. All my friends had crushes on boys at school. I thought oh shit. I better make up someone I have a crush on or they will think something is wrong with me. So I told everyone I had a crush on the boy that lived down the street from me. Mind you I had never met him, but neither had they so it worked out good.
Oh and in highschool there was the I quit the church choir incident. They had an intervention. “Is everything alright with the Lord?” Mind you I was still going to church sunday morning, sunday night, wednesday night, and bible study tuesday. SMH The looks of horror when I said I had too much homework. “Homework is not more important than Jesus”
The same thing happened again recently with my daughter. I at this point do not plan to spank my daughter. I was under the impression no one spanked their kids anymore. After a couple of conversations with my friends. Turns out they all spank their kids and I am once again the lone wolf. of course. “You have to spank her or she will be a spoiled brat”
Maybe one day I will find this a magical community where I fit in. I bet it is in one of those hippie states my dad warned me about!
“Just because someone judges you for being “different”, does that necessarily make it bad? What can they do, negatively judge you to death?”~anonymous